I’ll be honest, I spent a lot of my time in my youth wishing I was anything other than what I was. I didn’t want long, boring straight hair, I didn’t want to tower over my best friends and I didn’t want to be the brainy ‘square’ all the mean girls reminded me I was every. fucking. day of high school. But then in my 20′s I met a woman who was over 6 feet tall and loved wearing high heels, in fact she couldn’t get enough of her height! This was life altering for me.
From that day on I started to change the way I saw myself. Me. Not how anyone else saw me, just me. A big part of that was telling myself I was a total fox. It was back in the days before Facebook where mobile phones were a novelty but still pretty basic, and getting one included as part of your job was uncommon but both my best friend and I had one. I would text her a few times a week when I felt the planets had aligned and I’d pulled off a great outfit, or was having a fab hair day and tell her,
“I look like a total fox today, just quietly… ” [Tweet this]
She’d later tell me it used to make her chuckle and we’d always swap stories on our favourite new Mac lipgloss, pretty top or gorgeous (and often painful) shoes. Note, this was before the reality of babies and mortgages when we could afford such fripperies.
So, over to you…
I really believe that nurturing that mindset was so important to making me the foxy and fabulous glamazon that I am today. I urge you to take a leaf out of my book and take my total fox mindset and make it your own. Only don’t let it take you as long as it took me!
- Chocolate Raspberry Ripe
- Using Pinterest for Business
- My Dogs Have Quit Sugar Too
- My sweeter life – an IQS update
- In my Mother’s kitchen
- My journey back to good health – an IQS update
- Sparkle Dare, putting a little extra fabulous in to every day
- In celebration of all women
- Beauty is not a number, an IQS update
- Thank you Business Chicks!
- Representing tweenaged girls and little women who are impatient to grow up
- Looking good is the best revenge
- Adele and her refreshingly grounded body image advice
- What does sexiness mean to me?
- A New Chapter, A New You!